Traveling Waves (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.5 CP||93 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.5 CP||42 h||93 h|
- introductory examples of traveling waves for different types of differential equations,
- existence and stability of traveling waves in reaction-diffusion equations,
- migratory waves in ODE systems explained by means of examples of biological models,
- pattern formation of traveling waves in systems of reaction-diffusion equations based on examples.
- P.C. Fife: Mathematical Aspects of Reacting and Diffusing Systems,
- A.I. Volpert, V.A. Volpert, V.A. Volpert: Traveling Wave Solutions of Parabolic Systems.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Additional knowledge from the course [MAT-12-23-K-3] is useful but not necessarily required.
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Course [MAT-84-13-K-7]
|[MAT-84-13-M-7]||Traveling Waves||P: Obligatory||2V+1U, 4.5 LP|