Reading Course Advanced Topics in PDE (2S, 12.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||S||Reading course||12.0 CP||28 h||332 h|
|(2S)||12.0 CP||28 h||332 h|
|CP, Effort||12.0 CP = 360 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
Depending on the workload agreed / to be performed, also other amounts of CP can be awarded.
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the reading course
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Advanced topics in the field of partial differential equations.
Typically, current research topics, research topics with current application relevance or also classical topics that cannot be covered in a lecture are treated.
will be announced together with the reading course.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Depending on the choice of topic, further courses from the Bachelor's programme or the Master's programme in Mathematics may be required. The requirements will be announced together with the announcement of the reading course.
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-81-11-M-7] Numerical Methods for Elliptic and Parabolic PDE (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)