Differential-Algebraic Equations (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)|
|2||V||Lecture||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||1.5 CP||14 h||31 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.5 CP||42 h||93 h|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg. SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Specialization)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Examination number (Study achievement): 84029 ("Exercise Class Differential-Algebraic Equations")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
The theory and numerical analysis of differential-algebraic equations is discussed, in particular:
- application fields (electrical circuits and multibody mechanical systems),
- relation with singularly perturbed problems,
- solution theory and index concepts,
- normal form for linear DAEs,
- numerical aspects
Competencies / intended learning achievements
The students have studied and understand the basic concepts of the theory and numerical analysis of differential-algebraic equations.
- P. Kunkel, V. Mehrmann: Differential-Algebraic Equations. Analysis and Numerical Solution,
- B. Simeon: Computational Flexible Multibody Dynamics,
- S. Trenn: Solution concepts for linear DAEs: a survey; in: Surveys in Differential-Algebraic Equations I (Eds. A. Ilchmann, T. Reis).
Further literature will be announced in the lecture; Exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)