PDE based Multiscale Problems and Numerical Approaches for their Solution (2V, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||V||Lecture||4.5 CP||28 h||107 h|
|(2V)||4.5 CP||28 h||107 h|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
Introduction to PDE based multiscale problems and to approaches for their treatment. Special attention will be given to the following topics:
- homogenisation of elliptic equations with oscillating coefficients,
- classification of multiscale problems,
- advanced numerical algorithms for PDEs and systems of PDEs with oscillating coefficients (including multiscale finite element method, multiscale finite volume method, heterogeneous multiscale method, subgrid approach),
- numerical approaches for stochastic elliptic PDE.
The literature will be announced in the lecture.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Knowledge from the module [MAT-81-11-M-7] is useful, but not necessarily required.
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-81-20-K-7]
|[MAT-81-20-M-7]||PDE based Multiscale Problems and Numerical Approaches for their Solution||P: Obligatory||2V, 4.5 LP|