Computational Fluid Dynamics (2V, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||V||Lecture||4.5 CP||28 h||107 h|
|(2V)||4.5 CP||28 h||107 h|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
Mathematical concepts required to deduce the Navier-Stokes equations from conservation principles as well as numerical methods for finding their solution are discussed and analyzed. In particular, the following topics are covered:
- derivation of Stokes and Navier-Stokes equations,
- solution methods for the Stokes equation,
- approximation methods for equations of fluid dynamics.
- M. Feistauer: Mathematical Methods in Fluid Dynamics,
- E.F. Toro: Riemann Solvers and Numerical Methods for Fluid Dynamics.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Knowledge from the module [MAT-81-12-M-7] is useful, but not necessarily required.
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-81-11-M-7] Numerical Methods for Elliptic and Parabolic PDE (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-81-14-K-7]
|[MAT-81-14-M-7]||Computational Fluid Dynamics||P: Obligatory||2V, 4.5 LP|