Modelling Seminar (Mathematics) (2S, 3.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||S||Seminar||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|(2S)||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the seminar
- Examination number (Study achievement): 87100 ("Modelling Seminar")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- starting point is a real problem which originates from an application context and is formulated from the user's point of view (i.e. usually not in the language of mathematics).
Problem processing: Mathematical modelling of the problem, processing of the mathematical model with scientific methods, development and implementation of methods for processing or solving the problem. In the regular meetings with the project supervisors, each time one group member presents the current status of a team's work and the planning of the further procedure (with subsequent discussion in the plenum).
Final presentations by all groups: Presentation of the solutions worked out in a language understandable to the users.
- Final report on the entire project, with each member of the project group being responsible for a part of the elaboration.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-14-00-K-2] Introduction to Scientific Programming (2V+2U, 5.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-01-K-3] Mathematical Modelling (2V, 3.0 LP)