Introduction to Systems and Control Theory (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)|
|2||V||Lecture||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||1.5 CP||14 h||31 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.5 CP||42 h||93 h|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Specialization)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Examination number (Study achievement): 84028 ("Exercise Class Introduction to Systems and Control Theory")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Basic terms and ideas of Systems and Control Theory as well as their applications will be discussed. In particular, the following contents will be covered:
- representation of time-discrete and continuous linear and non-linear dynamic systems,
- stability of dynamic systems,
- accessibility, controllability, observability,
- feedback rule.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
The students have studied and understand the basic concepts required for describing dynamic systems as well as mathematical techniques for the analysis of these systems and the design of control systems. Furthermore, they are familiar with the various possible applications resulting from the use of mathematical control theory.
- E. Zerz: Introduction to Systems and Control Theory,
- J.W. Polderman, J. Willems,: Introduction to Mathematical Systems Theory,
- H.W. Knobloch, H. Kwakernaak, Lineare Kontrolltheorie,
- D. Hinrichsen, A.J. Pritchard, Mathematical Systems Theory I,
- E.D. Sontag, Mathematical Control Theory.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture; Exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-11-M-3] Introduction to Numerical Methods (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-80-12A-K-4]
|[MAT-30-10L-M-5]||Specialisation Module (Teachers Training Programme Mathematics)||WP: Obligation to choose in Obligatory-Modulteil #A (Lectures)||2V, 3.0 LP|
|[MAT-80-12A-M-4]||Introduction to Systems and Control Theory||P: Obligatory||2V+1U, 4.5 LP|
|[MAT-80-12-M-6]||Systems and Control Theory||P: Obligatory||2V+1U, 4.5 LP|
|[MAT-80-18-M-4]||Introduction to Systems and Control Theory & Dynamical Systems||P: Obligatory||2V+1U, 4.5 LP|
|[MAT-80-2V-KPOOL-4]||Elective Courses Modelling and Scientific Computing (2V, B.Sc.)|