Project Seminar Advanced Modelling in Actuarial and Financial Mathematics (2S, 6.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||S||Project seminar||6.0 CP||28 h||152 h|
|(2S)||6.0 CP||28 h||152 h|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the practical course / lab
- Examination number (Study achievement): 88140 ("Project Seminar Advanced Modelling in Actuarial and Financial Mathematics")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Working on a project from the field of finance and insurance industry in a group (2-5 participants) under the guidance of a project supervisor:
- Starting point is a real life problem.
- Handling the problem / Problem solving: selection or development of an appropriate financial or actuarial model, gathering the required theoretical knowledge, formulating solutions, development of theoretical solutions or selection of suitable numerical methods, implementation of the method. During the regular meetings with the supervisor, a group member should present the current state of work and plan for further action.
- Final presentation and / or final report: Each member of the group is responsible for a certain part of the project.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Students are able to apply the acquired knowledge to practical problems of financial and actuarial industry. They can gather the knowledge required, develop and implement their solutions independently. Through the presentation of the results, they have displayed their understanding of the problem and the methods used to analyse it. They are able to explain their solutions and to reflect them critically.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Depending on the choice of the topic, different courses from the bachelor's and the master's degree programmes of mathematics will be required.
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-60-11-M-4] Probability Theory (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
prior registration, eligibility to participate might depend on whether the student has passed certain specific modules from “Actuarial and Financial Mathematics”. Eligibility might also depend on the number of credit points the student has accumulated.
References to Course [MAT-61-PROJ-K-7]
|[MAT-61-PROJ-M-7]||Project Seminar Advanced Modelling in Actuarial and Financial Mathematics||P: Obligatory||2S, 6.0 LP|