Health, and Pension Insurance Mathematics (2V, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||V||Lecture||4.5 CP||28 h||107 h|
|(2V)||4.5 CP||28 h||107 h|
The lecture offer for the specialization module planned for the following three semesters will be made available on the website of the master's programme "Actuarial and Financial Mathematics".
Life Insurance Mathematics:
- Dynamic models (Markov chain, continuous time),
- Stochastic interest rates,
- Products with investment in the financial market and guarantee funds,
- Market consistent valuation.
Actuarial Mathematics for Pension Plans:
- State diagrams and benefits,
- Neuburger's model,
- Estimation of decrement rates,
- Premiums and actuarial reserves.
Health Insurance Mathematics:
- Premium principles,
- Reserves for increasing age and contract changes,
- Profit participation and premium reductions ,
- Risk assessment.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
They have learned to combine techniques of financial mathematics with current issues of actuarial mathematics and critically assess the corresponding insurance products. Moreover, they are able to understand and apply the concepts learnt in the module [MAT-61-18-M-7] to the specific case of pension and health insurance mathematics.
- M. Koller: Stochastic Models in Life Insurance,
- H. Milbrodt, M. Helbig: Mathematische Methoden der Personenversicherung.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-61-18-M-7] Life Insurance Mathematics (M, 4.5 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Course [MAT-61-31-K-7]
|[MAT-61-12A-M-7]||Specialization Actuarial and Financial Mathematics||WP: Obligation to choose in Obligation to choose-Modulteil #B||2V, 4.5 LP|