Optimization in Public Transport (4V+2U, 9.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||9.0 CP||186 h|
|2||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||28 h|
|(4V+2U)||9.0 CP||84 h||186 h|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-OPT] Optimisation|
In this lecture, the optimization of various planning stages in public transport will be discussed. In particular, the following is addressed:
- site selection of stops, development of exact, heuristic and approximation methods,
- modelling of line planning as a multi-covering problem and development of solution methods usinginteger optimization,
- timetabling (periodic event scheduling problem) and its model as an integer programme, meaning of cycles and cycle bases,
- modelling the vehicle scheduling problem as flow problem,
- delay management, modelling and solution by integer programming.
The lecture is based on current research results. A textbook for the course is not available yet. Research papers corresponding to various chapters of the lecture will be made available. There are lecture notes for this module.
Exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de)
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Basic knowledge of integer programming (e.g. from the module [MAT-50-11-M-4]) is helpful.
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-13-M-3] Linear and Network Programming (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-51-15-K-7]
|[MAT-51-15-M-7]||Optimization in Public Transport||P: Obligatory||4V+2U, 9.0 LP|