Planar Location Theory (4V+2U, 9.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||9.0 CP||186 h|
|2||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||28 h|
|(4V+2U)||9.0 CP||84 h||186 h|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-OPT] Optimisation|
The basics of planar location theory will be acquired. Current research topics, in which the students can play an active role, will be introduced in the last part of the course.
The following topics are treated:
- classification of location problems,
- theory and simulation algorithms depending on the distance functions,
- location problems with restrictions and barriers,
- multicriteria location problems,
- advanced location models and research topics.
- H. Hamacher: Mathematische Lösungsverfahren für planare Standortprobleme,
- R.F. Love, J.G. Morris, G.O. Wesolowski: Facilities location,
- R.L. Francis, F. McGinnis, J.A. White: Facility Layout and location,
- S. Nickel, J. Puerto: Location Theory: A Unified Approach.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de)
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Depending on the focus, additional knowledge from the course [MAT-50-11-K-4] is required.
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-13-M-3] Linear and Network Programming (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-51-11-K-7]
|[MAT-51-11-M-7]||Planar Location Theory||P: Obligatory||4V+2U, 9.0 LP|