Lie Algebras and their Representation Theory (4V+2U, 9.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||9.0 CP||186 h|
|2||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||28 h|
|(4V+2U)||9.0 CP||84 h||186 h|
- general concept of Lie algebras and their relation to Lie groups
- classification of the semi-simple (complex) Lie algebras
- fundamentals of the representation theory of semisimple Lie algebras
- combinatorial structures of Lie theory: root systems, Weyl groups, Dynkin diagrams.
- J. E. Humphreys: Introduction to Lie Algebras and Representation Theory,
- K. Erdmann: Introduction to Lie Algebras.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture(s); exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Knowledge from the module [MAT-40-25-M-4] is desirable and helpful, but is not mandatory.
- [MAT-12-11-K-2] Algebraic Structures (2V+2U, 5.5 LP)
- [MAT-12-22-K-3] Introduction to Algebra (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Course [MAT-43-27-K-7]
|[MAT-43-27-M-7]||Lie Algebras and their Representation Theory||P: Obligatory||4V+2U, 9.0 LP|