p-adic Numbers (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)|
|2||V||Lecture||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||1.5 CP||14 h||31 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.5 CP||42 h||93 h|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- construction of p-adic numbers,
- p-adic integers, units,
- p-adic topology,
- Hensel's lemma,
- algebraic closure,
- Newton polygon,
- inertia and ramification groups
- F. Lorenz: Einführung in die Algebra II,
- N. Koblitz: p-adic Numbers, p-adic Analysis, and Zeta-Functions,
- I.B. Fenseko, S.V. Vostokov: Local Fields and their Extensions.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture; Exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de)
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)