Multilinear Algebra (2V, 3.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||V||Lecture||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|(2V)||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
- multilinear maps (bilinear forms, determinants, duality),
- tensors (general properties, tensor algebra),
- symmetric and exterior algebra (decomposition theorems, complex algebra, polynomial algebra),
- functorial properties (exact sequences, flat modules, derived functors),
- Applications (e.g. derivations and differentials, Koszul complex, K-theory).
- W. Greub, Multilinear Algebra,
- D. Eisenbud: Commutative Algebra with a view towards algebraic geometry,
- S. Lang: Algebra,
- S. Mac Lane: Categories for the Working Mathematician.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)