Algebraic Topology (4V+2U, 9.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)|
|4||V||Lecture||6.0 CP||56 h||124 h|
|2||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|(4V+2U)||9.0 CP||84 h||186 h|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Examination number (Study achievement): 84016 ("Exercise Class Algebraic Topology")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- Singular and simplicial homology,
- computation of homology groups,
- cup and cap product,
- Künneth formula,
- Poincaré duality.
- M.A. Armstrong: Basic Topology,
- A. Hatcher: Algebraic Topology,
- W.S. Massey: A Basic Course in Algebraic Topology.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture; Exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de)
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-12-11-K-2] Algebraic Structures (2V+2U, 5.5 LP)
- [MAT-12-26-K-3] Introduction to Topology (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)