Practical Training Mathematics (2L, 9.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||L||Practical training||9.0 CP||28 h||242 h|
|(2L)||9.0 CP||28 h||242 h|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Specialization)|
Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-HPT] Mathematics (B.Sc. 3rd year - general)|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the practical course / lab
- Examination number (Study achievement): 82125 ("Practical Training Mathematics")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
The topic should take into account the different preknowledge of the students, which is based on the fact that individually different choices were made for the compulsory electives of the second year of study.
As a rule, two to three students should work together on a single project.
The implementation of the project is accompanied by the teaching and elaboration of the required soft skills (such as project planning and team management).
Further information can be found on the website of the bachelor's programme Business Mathematics and asked for at the persons in charge for the practical training projects of the respective specialisations (Fachpraktikumsbeauftragte):
- Algebra, Geometry, and Computer Algebra: Dr. J. Böhm,
- Analysis and Stochastics: Dr. T. Fattler,
- Modelling and Scientific Computing: Dr. M. Bracke,
- Optimisation and Stochastics: Dr. F. Kämmerer (Optimisation), Dr. J.-P. Stockis (Stochastics).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
As formal admission requirement for a specific project, the proof of successful participation (Praktikumsschein) for one of the programming labs from the module [MAT-14-00-M-3] may be required.
References to Course [MAT-25-10-K-4]
|[MAT-25-10-M-4]||Practical Training Mathematics||P: Obligatory||2L, 9.0 LP|