Proseminar Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Perspective (2S, 3.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||S||Proseminar||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|(2S)||3.0 CP||28 h||62 h|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Core)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-EDU] Mathematics (B.Ed./M.Ed.)|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the proseminar
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Selected topics on elementary mathematics from a higher perspective, in particular:
- geometry (symmetries, areas and volumes, geometric introduction to infinitesimal calculus, analytic geometry);
- numbers (prime numbers, elementary number theory, complete induction, Pascal's triangle, number structure from N via ℤ to Q, order relations, the real numbers ℝ, countability and uncountability, complex numbers C);
- probability theory and statistics (probability theory of finite event spaces: throwing dices, drawing balls with and without putting them back, drawing coloured balls, etc. ; elementary combinatorics, binomial distribution);
- graph theory (nodes and edges, paths, circles, Hamiltonian circles, spanning trees, shortest paths, networks and flows);
- set theory (sets, families of sets, equivalence relations, functions).
The literature will be announced together with the proseminar.
Registration via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de)
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Course [MAT-20-02-K-3]
|[MAT-20-00-M-2]||Specialised Scientific and Didactic Requirements||WP: Obligation to choose in Obligatory-Modulteil #B (Elementary mathematics)||2S, 3.0 LP|