Linear and Network Programming (4V+2U, 9.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||9.0 CP||186 h|
|2||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||28 h|
|(4V+2U)||9.0 CP||84 h||186 h|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Core)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-GRU] Mathematics (B.Sc. year 1 and 2)|
The course is accompanied by a programming lab course: [MAT-14-13P-K-3]
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Examination number (Study achievement): 83230 ("Exercise Class Linear and Network Optimization")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- simplex method,
- linear programs in standard form,
- fundamental theorem of linear optimization,
- variants of the simplex method,
- duality theorem and complementary slackness,
- interior point methods,
- basic concepts of graph theory,
- minimal spanning trees,
- shortest path problems,
- maximum flows,
- minimum-cost flows.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
The students know the basic methods and algorithms for the treatment of linear optimization problems and optimization problems on networks. They are able to translate simple practical problems into the language of mathematics and to develop solution methods using the modeling techniques of mathematical optimization.
- H.W. Hamacher, K. Klamroth: Lineare und Netzwerkoptimierung - Linear and Network Optimization (ein bilinguales Lehrbuch),
- M.S. Bazaraa, J.J. Jarvis, H.D. Sherali: Linear Programming and Network Flows, 2nd edition,
- V. Chvátal: Linear Programming,
- S.O. Krumke, H. Noltemeier: Graphentheoretische Konzepte und Anwendungen.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture(s); exercise material is provided. Lecture recordings available at https://videoportal.uni-kl.de/
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-14-13-K-3]
|[MAT-14-00_ERW-M-3]||Mathematics as a Potential for Solving Problems A: Modelling and Applied Mathematics||WP: Obligation to choose in Obligatory-Modulteil #B (Praktische Mathematik)||4V+2U, 9.0 LP|
|[MAT-14-10L-M-3]||Topic Module B: Mathematics as an Interdisciplinary Cross-Sectional Science||WP: Obligation to choose||4V+2U, 9.0 LP|
|[MAT-14-13-M-3]||Linear and Network Programming||P: Obligatory||4V+2U, 9.0 LP|
|[MAT-14-KPOOL-3]||Practical Mathematics (B.Sc. Mathematics)|