Numerical Methods of Linear Algebra (2V+1U, 4.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.0 CP||78 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.0 CP||42 h||78 h|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Core)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-EDU] Mathematics (B.Ed./M.Ed.)|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
In this course the basic concepts and algorithms for the numerical solution of problems from linear algebra are treated:
- numerical methods for linear systems of equations: Gaussian elimination, Cholesky methods, QR decomposition, perturbation theory,
- linear curve fitting,
- eigenvalue problems.
- P. Deuflhard, A. Hohmann: Numerische Mathematik I,
- J. Stoer, R. Bulirsch: Numerische Mathematik,
- J. Werner: Numerische Mathematik.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-11-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics A: Linear Algebra I and Analysis I (M, 15.0 LP)
- [MAT-10-12L-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics B: Linear Algebra II and Analysis II (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Course [MAT-14-11A-K-3]
|[MAT-14L-KPOOL-3]||Practical Mathematics (B.Ed. Mathematics)|