Vector Analysis (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.5 CP||93 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.5 CP||42 h||93 h|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Core)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-GRU] Mathematics (B.Sc. year 1 and 2)|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Examination number (Study achievement): 83160 ("Exercise Class Vector Analysis")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- parametrisation of curves and surfaces in ℝn,
- calculation of surface and (scalar and vectorial) curve integrals in ℝn,
- tangent spaces and the differential of differentiable mappings,
- classic operators on vector fields: div, rot, grad,
- Gauss's divergence theorem, Stokes' theorem, Green's formulas,
- applications in ℝ3.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
The students know the basic terms, statements and methods of vector analysis. Building on the knowledge from the lectures of the first year of a mathematical study programme, they have learned to apply techniques and fundamental propositions of the integration of scalar and vector-valued functions over surfaces and curves and to prove their correctness.
- K. Burg, H. Haf, F. Wille, A. Meister: Vektoranalysis,
- K. Jänich: Vektoranalysis,
- D.E. Bourne, P.C. Kendall: Vektoranalysis,
- F.E. Marsden, A.J. Tromba: Vektoranalysis.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture(s); exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-11A-K-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Analysis (4V+2U+2T, 9.0 LP)
- [MAT-10-11B-K-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Linear Algebra (2V+2U, 6.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-12-27-K-3]
|[MAT-12-10P-M-3]||Build-Up Module Mathematics (for Students of Physics)||WP: Obligation to choose||2V+1U, 5.0 LP|
|[MAT-14-10L-M-3]||Topic Module B: Mathematics as an Interdisciplinary Cross-Sectional Science||WP: Obligation to choose||2V+1U, 4.5 LP|
|[MAT-10-KPOOL-3]||Pure Mathematics (B.Sc. Mathematics)|
|[PHY-M2-KPOOL-3]||Höhere Analysis (für Studierende der Physik)|