Introduction to Complex Analysis (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.5 CP||93 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.5 CP||42 h||93 h|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Core)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-GRU] Mathematics (B.Sc. year 1 and 2)|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Examination number (Study achievement): 83140 ("Exercise Class Introduction to Complex Analysis")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- complex differential calculus: holomorphic functions, Cauchy-Riemannian differential equations,
- complex integral calculus: curve integrals, Cauchy's integral theorem and applications,
- singularities of holomorphic functions: Laurent series, removable singularity theorem,
- residue theorem and applications.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
The students know the basic concepts, statements and methods of complex analysis. They know and understand how the concepts of real analysis can be transferred to analysis over the complex numbers. In particular, they have acquired a deeper understanding of elementary functions. They have learned that an elegant mathematical theory can produce results of great significance.
- W. Fischer, I. Lieb: Funktionentheorie -Komplexe Analysis in einer Veränderlichen,
- R. Remmert, Funktionentheorie 1.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture(s); exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-11A-K-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Analysis (4V+2U+2T, 9.0 LP)
- [MAT-10-11B-K-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Linear Algebra (2V+2U, 6.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-12-24-K-3]
|[MAT-12-10P-M-3]||Build-Up Module Mathematics (for Students of Physics)||WP: Obligation to choose||2V+1U, 5.0 LP|
|[MAT-12-20L_ERW-M-3]||Topic Module A: Mathematics in the Interplay between Abstraction and Concretisation||WP: Obligation to choose||2V+1U, 4.5 LP|
|[MAT-12-20L-M-3]||Topic Module A: Mathematics in the Interplay between Abstraction and Concretisation||WP: Obligation to choose||2V+1U, 4.5 LP|
|[MAT-10-KPOOL-3]||Pure Mathematics (B.Sc. Mathematics)|
|[PHY-M2-KPOOL-3]||Höhere Analysis (für Studierende der Physik)|