Algebraic Structures (2V+2U, 5.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes and tutorials (V/U/T)||5.5 CP||109 h|
|2||U||Exercise class/tutorial (in small groups)||28 h|
|(2V+2U)||5.5 CP||56 h||109 h|
|CP, Effort||5.5 CP = 165 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Fundamentals)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-GRU] Mathematics (B.Sc. year 1 and 2)|
The course is also offered as distance learning course as part of the early entrance programme FiMS, see https://fims.mathematik.uni-kl.de
Possible Study achievement (Übungsschein Algebraic Structures)
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (incl. written examination)
- Examination number (Study achievement): 82025 ("Exercise Class Algebraic Structures")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- fundamental algebraic structures: groups, rings, fields (in particular: symmetric group),
- substructures and factor structures (in particular: normal subgroups, isomorphism theorems),
- principal ideal domains: ℤ, polynomial ring K[t] (in particular: Euclidean algorithm).
- G. Fischer: Lineare Algebra,
- H.-J. Reiffen, G. Scheja, U. Vetter: Algebra,
- H.-D. Ebbinghaus, et al.: Zahlen,
- S. Lang: Algebraische Strukturen.
Further literature will be announced in the lecture(s); exercise material is provided.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)None
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-12-11-K-2]
|[MAT-12-10A-M-2]||Pure Mathematics A||P: Obligatory in Obligatory-Modulteil #A (Algebraic Structures)||2V+2U, 5.5 LP|
|[MAT-12-10L-M-2]||Fundamentals of Mathematics C: Geometry, Elementary Algebra and Number Theory||P: Obligatory in Obligatory-Modulteil #A (Algebraic Structures)||2V+2U, 5.5 LP|