Statistics II (2V+2U, 4.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.0 CP||64 h|
|2||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||28 h|
|(2V+2U)||4.0 CP||56 h||64 h|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (General)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-Service] Mathematics for other Departments|
Foundations of Probability Theory:
- basic concepts of probability theory,
- special distributions,
- expected value, variance, covariance,
- law of large numbers, central limit theorem.
Basics of statistics:
- explorative model validation procedures,
- estimator for distribution parameters,
- confidence intervals,
- tests, statistical decision-making procedures and their application (including t-tests, F-test, chi-square-fit test).
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Basic knowledge in analysis (differentiation and integration) as taught in the introductory mathematics courses of the respective study programmes.
Requirements for attendance (formal)