Higher Mathematics; Differential Equations (for Engineering Students) (2V+1U, 4.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.0 CP||78 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.0 CP||42 h||78 h|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (General)|
|Area of study||[MAT-Service] Mathematics for other Departments|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Basic concepts for the treatment of ordinary and partial differential equations:
A. Ordinary differential equations:
- first-order differential equations: existence and uniqueness, first-order autonomous differential equations, separation approach, variation of constants, explicitly solvable cases, initial value problems;
- linear differential equations: homogeneous linear systems, matrix-exponential function, variation of constants, differential equations of nth order.
B. Partial differential equations:
- classification and well-posedness of 2nd order partial differential equations;
- wave equation, Poisson's equation, Fourier transform;
- solution methods: separation approach, Fourier transformation.
C. Numerical solution of differential equations:
- single step method (implicit/explicit);
- Runge-Kutta method;
- step size control.
Registration for the exercise classes via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [MAT-00-031-K-1]
|[BI-BSCBI-018-M-4]||Höhere Mathematik für Bauingenieure III - Differentialgleichungen||P: Obligatory||2V+1U, 4.0 LP|
|[MAT-00-03A-M-1]||Higher Mathematics: Vector Analysis and Differential Equations (for Engineering Students)||P: Obligatory||2V+1U, 4.0 LP|
|[MAT-00-03C-M-1]||Higher Mathematics: Differential Equations and Numerics (for Engineering Students)||P: Obligatory||2V+1U, 4.0 LP|