Principles of Cyber-Physical Systems (4L, 8.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||8.0 CP||184 h|
|4||L||Programming training course||56 h|
|(4L)||8.0 CP||56 h||184 h|
|CP, Effort||8.0 CP = 240 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[INF-MPI] Max-Planck-Institute|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
The course discusses mathematical models of CPS and their abstractions. It covers both synchronous and asynchronous models for concurrent computation, continuous-space models for dynamical systems, and hybrid systems for integrating discrete and continuous evolution. A range of specification formalisms and the associated techniques for formal verification are presented to illustrate the role of correctness requirements in the design of reliable systems. The topics of the course include temporal logic, model checking, deductive verification, stability analysis of linear systems, and real-time scheduling algorithms. Principles of modeling, verification, and analysis are illustrated by constructing solutions to problems from smart grids, robotics, discrete event systems, and control design.
- Rajeev Alur. Principles of Cyber-Physical Systems. MIT, 2015.
- E. A. Lee and S. A. Seshia, Introduction to Embedded Systems - A Cyber- Physical Systems Approach, First Edition, Jan 2013. Online: http://leeseshia.org/releases/LeeSeshia_DigitalV1_08.pdf
- Embedded System Design: Embedded Systems Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems (2nd edition) by Peter Marwedel.
- Principles of Model Checking, Christel Baier and Joost-Pieter Katoen.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Students are expected to have basic background (at the un dergraduate level) on programming, algorithms, mathematical modeling, linear algebra, and basic calculus. Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink will be useful.
- Prerequisite course: "Verification of Reactive Systems"
- Recommended course: "Hardware-Software-Synthese"
- [INF-62-52-K-6] Verification of Reactive Systems (4V+2U, 8.0 LP)
- [INF-62-81-K-7] Hardware-Software Synthesis (Project) (4L, 8.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [INF-88-54-K-7]
|[INF-88-54-M-7]||Principles of Cyber-Physical Systems||P: Obligatory||4L, 8.0 LP|