Game-Theoretic Techniques in Logic and Verification (3V+1U, 6.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||6.0 CP||124 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(3V+1U)||6.0 CP||56 h||124 h|
|CP, Effort||6.0 CP = 180 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Master (General)|
|Area of study||[INF-ALG] Algorithmics and Deduction|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Examination number (Study achievement): 65952 ("Game-Theoretic Techniques in Logic and Verification")
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- Ehrenfeucht–Fraïssé games (back and forth techniques), e.g., for first-order logic and modal logic.
- Machine models with alternation
- Multi-agent systems: Nash Equilibrium, CORE
- Games with Probability: Markov Decision Processes, Stochastic games, randomized strategies.
- Algorithms and complexity for various game problems: parity games, energy games, etc.
- Applications to analysis of distributed protocols
- Erich Grädel, Wolfgang Thomas, and Thomas Wilke (Eds.). "Automata logics, and infinite games: a guide to current research" Springer-Verlag, 2002.
- Christel Baier and Joost-Pieter Katoen. "Principles of Model Checking" MIT Press, 2008.
- Jerzy Filar and Koos Vrieze. "Competitive Markov Decision Processes" Springer-Verlag, 1997.
- Yoav Shoham and Kevin Leyton-Brown. "Multiagent Systems - Algorithmic, Game-Theoretic, and Logical Foundations" Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Wojciech Jamroga. "Logical Methods for Specification and Verification of Multi-Agent Systems" Monograph Series no 10, ICS PAS, 2015.
- Leonid Libkin. "Elements of Finite model theory" Springer, 2004.
- Dexter Kozen. "Theory of Computation" Springer 2006.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [INF-02-04-K-2] Formal Languages and Computability (3V+2U, 6.0 LP)
- [INF-02-05-K-2] Logic and Semantics of Programming Languages (3V+2U, 6.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [INF-59-52-K-6]
|[INF-59-52-M-6]||Game-Theoretic Techniques in Logic and Verification||P: Obligatory||3V+1U, 6.0 LP|