Stochastic Analysis of Distributed Systems (2V+1U, 4.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.0 CP||78 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.0 CP||42 h||78 h|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (General)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
|Area of study||[INF-VVS] Distributed and Networked Systems|
Former title: "Performance Analysis of Distributed Systems"
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
The deterministic network calculus as method for worst-case analysis of distributed systems
- abstractions of arrival and service processes
- calculation of performance guarantees
- end-to-end analysis
- network analysis
- tool support
- J.Y. Le Boudec and P. Thiran. Network Calculus - A Theory of Deterministic Queuing Systems for the Internet. Series: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 2050, 2001.
- C.S.Chang. Performance Guarantees in Communication Networks, Springer Verlag, 2000.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-02-12-K-1] Mathematics for Computer Science Students: Combinatorics, Stochastics, and Statistics (4V+2U, 8.0 LP)