System- and Software Architecture (2V+1U, 4.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.0 CP||78 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.0 CP||42 h||78 h|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (General)|
|Area of study||[INF-SE] Software-Engineering|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- Definition of the terms distributed system, software architecture, component and interface
- Design process of distributed systems integrated into the system development process
- View and UML based specification of software architectures: Technical view, technological view, distribution view, deployment view, etc.
- Analysis and evaluation of architectures with ATAM
- Design patterns, standard architectures and approaches for different problems; for example, for persistence, transaction management, and workflow management.
- Examples of software architectures for information systems, complex systems and embedded systems
- Jens Knodel, Matthias Naab: Pragmatic Evaluation of Software Architectures, Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-34176-7, 2016.
- George Fairbanks Just Enough Software Architecture Marshall & Brainerd, 2010.
- Richard N. Taylor, Nenad Medvidovic, Eric M. Dashofy Software Architecture: Foundations, Theory, and Practice Wiley, 2009.
- Eoin Woods, Nick Rozanski Software Systems Architecture Addison Wesley, 2005
- Len Bass, Paul Clements, Rick Kazman Software Architecture in Practice (third edition) Addison Wesley, 2012.
- Paul Clements, Felix Bachmann, Len Bass, David Garlan, James Ivers, Reed Little, Robert Nord, Judith Stafford Documenting Software Architectures - Views and Beyond (second edition) Addison-Wesley, 2010.
- Douglas Schmidt, Michael Stal, Hans Rohnert, Frank Buschmann Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture, Volume 2: Patterns for Concurrent and Networked Objects, Wiley, 2001.
- Siegel, Jon. "An overview of CORBA 3." Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems II. Springer US, 1999. 119-132.
- further literature will be announced in the lecture.