Software Project and Process Management (2V+1U, 4.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.0 CP||78 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.0 CP||42 h||78 h|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Entry Level)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
|Area of study||[INF-SE] Software-Engineering|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Based on the contents of the lecture "Foundations of Software Engineering", which explains the technical aspects, this lecture explains how to establish and realise a successful project management and quality assurance (QA). On the basis of practical examples, it shows:
- how large projects are planned,
- which elements a project plan contains,
- which methods exist for project management and QA,
- how project management and QA are different to each other and how they complement one another.
Topics of the lecture:
- Definition of project management and QA
- Basic terms of software project execution
- Process and quality models as a basis for systematic project management and QA
- Principles of project and process management
- Principles of measurement and evaluation
- Techniques / methods / tools for supporting project management and QA
- Examples from practical projects
- Ernest Wallmüller: "Software-Qualitäts-Management in der Praxis", Hanser-Verlag, 2001.
- Peter Liggesmeyer: "Software-Qualität: Testen, Analysieren und Verifizieren von Software", Spektrum-Verlag, 2002.
- Pankaj Jalote: Software Project Management in Practice Addison-Wesley Professional, 2002.
- Hughes, Cotterrell: Software Project Management, McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., 2002.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (Pmbok Guide) - 5th Edition - Project Mgmt Inst, 2013.
- Adam Trendowics: Software Cost Estimation, Benchmarking, and Risk Assessment, Springer, 2013.