Optimization in Fluid Mechanics (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|-||K||Lecture with exercise classes (V/U)||4.5 CP||93 h|
|1||U||Exercise class (in small groups)||14 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.5 CP||42 h||93 h|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg. SuSe|
|Level|| Master (General)|
|Area of study||[INF-VIS] Visualisation and Scientific Computing|
Possible Study achievement
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Details of the examination (type, duration, criteria) will be announced at the beginning of the course.
- State equations in fluid mechanics
- Reynolds-averaging and turbulence modeling
- Finite Volume Method
- Cost functions and constraints in fluid mechanics
- Shape optimization
- Optimal active flow control
- Continuous and discrete adjoint methods
- One-shot methods
Will be announced in the lecture.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Module "Grundlagen der Mathematik" of BSc program Mathematics (or similar). Basic knowledge in Partial Differential Equations and Numerics.